December Write Ups
We were on our way to the outside skating rink at Hampton Court! When we got on the ice it was very slippery and we could hardly stand up. I fell over a couple of times but as time went by we all got the hang of it and I zoomed off, it was FUN FUN FUN! When it was time to come off the ice I went back to the kitchens to dry my trousers by the big log fire where earlier they had been roasting meat on a spit and I had been shown how to write my name with a feather. Thank you 50+ for letting me come on your trip.
As usual, this was an excellent evening. For anyone who doesn't know about laser maze, or what it entails, then you're missing out. Briefly, a group of people, 17 in our case:-
- divide into 3 teams
- don some awkward, moderately heavy waistcoat efforts containing lights and battery packs connected to a laser pistol
- enter a cold, dark room that's laid out as a maze with floor to ceiling partitions painted black
- proceed, at a sedate pace, to shoot as many of the other teams' members as possible, as many times as possible, without being shot in return
- after around 20 minutes, remove said waistcoat and return to a normally lit room to check your score and compare with the other members of the group - great fun
- after a short break, go and do it all again and again
Written like this it sounds a bit bizarre and best suited to people in need of analysis. However, it's really fun and it doesn't matter if you don't win - about as much as any other competitive activity in the club! Thank you very much for organising it Pauline.
Then came the day of the Christmas bash
My team beside me I was feeling quite flash
First gentle Richard with his steely eyed smile
Delivered his bowls, missed by a mile
Followed by Janette and a "snakes alive"
We're playing lane 2 love not number 5
Next was Carol our lady of grace
This was it, I was playing our ace
There she stood, ready in line
Over her shoulder her trusty nine iron
Then it happened I was embarrassed to see
Every bowl delivered, a bloody googlie
Then came my turn, I was feeling quite down
On my forehead, I was wearing a frown
Then every bowl I delivered I cried stupid git
As I stood and watch them drop into the pit
At last it was over the other team won
But it didn't matter for we all had good fun.
|Back to 2011 Programme|
|Back to Homepage|